Davies Plays Key Role in Lexpert’s Top Deals of 2018
Lexpert Magazine has identified Davies as a key player in its annual round up of the year’s top deals, including top transactions in the emerging Canadian cannabis sector.
Davies advised on the following:
- The Gordie Howe International Bridge Project (Deal of the Year)
- Enercare’s $4.3-billion sale to Brookfield Infrastructure
- Essar Steel Algoma Inc.’s three-year restructuring by way of sale of assets to Algoma Steel Inc.
- Jarislowsky Fraser Limited’s $1-billion sale to Scotiabank
- MedReleaf’s $3.2-billion sale to Aurora Cannabis Inc.
- Constellation Brands’ $5-billion investment in Canopy Growth, recognized by Lexpert as the most notable in the industry
Published annually since 2004, Lexpert’s Top Deals list highlights the most significant deals within the past year as determined by an extensive canvass of Canadian M&A, securities and corporate finance lawyers. The 2018 list is featured in the February 2019 issue.