Specialist, Credit and Collections
We are currently seeking a Specialist, Credit and Collections to join our Montréal office. The person in this position will be responsible for managing a portfolio of Accounts Receivable balances and resolving outstanding payment issues.
- Follow up with clients by email and phone regarding unpaid invoices
- Handle client inquiries and resolve discrepancies. Maintain accurate records of all communications with clients and partners in the system
- Record all communications with clients and Partners regarding collection activities within the collection module
- Prepare ad hoc reports for review with billing partners, practice group chairs and office managing partners. These reports may include various financial aspects such as the client’s billing and payment history, trends, matter realization and profitability
- Prepare an Accounts Receivable aging analysis report on a monthly basis
- Reconcile client accounts, resolve overpayments made by clients and ensure payments are applied to the correct invoices. Determine the best course of action to correct overpayments: credit client, return the monies, or transfer of funds into a trust account
- Maintain an ongoing collection risk assessment and valuation for aged unpaid invoices in your portfolio. Provide the year analysis for the Firm's external auditors
- Prepare monthly write-offs of dormant accounts for Partner distribution
- Monitor client settlements and repayment schedules, ensuring that clients follow through on their commitments
- Handle confidential materials and documents
- Identify and implement process improvements and best practices to improve collection results, working with cross-functional teams to implement the changes, where applicable
- Participate in the implementation and testing of systems upgrades and billing/collection software
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Accounting or Business Management. Minimum 5 years of previous related experience, preferably within a professional services firm. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be acceptable
- Working proficiency in English an asset
- Proficient in MS Office product suite with a strong working knowledge of Outlook, Excel and Word. Experience with Aderant and/or related accounting systems would be an asset
- Strong client service orientation and ability to manage multiple client requirements at the same time
- Ability to interact with senior members of the Firm, including the Partners and Senior Management
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written), attention to detail, efficient and organized
- Ability to organize data to achieve desired results and design custom reports
- Time management and organizational skills in order to efficiently multi-task and prioritize requests
- Strong collaboration and negotiation skills, able to work with tact, poise and discretion
- Ability to work under pressure
To apply, please email your resumé and cover letter in confidence to Emily Vuong, Senior Human Resources Business Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Davies is committed to providing a work environment that is diverse, inclusive and accessible to applicants and firm members with disabilities.