IT Project Manager
We are seeking a Project Manager to join our Montréal office as part of the IT Project Management Office. Reporting to the IT Program Manager, the Project Manager will be responsible for scoping, planning and delivering high-impact technology projects that are aligned with the firm’s goals and priorities. These projects will range from backend infrastructure implementations, business application rollouts with process re-engineering, as well as physical space transformation initiatives. The Project Manager will perform strategic and tactical project management, taking the lead in project planning and execution, in close collaboration with project sponsors, business area subject matter experts, IT technologists and external consultants and vendors.
The Project Manager will manage a huge office space transformation project in 2023 with various components such as facility renovations, IT network hardware upgrades, new boardroom audio-video technology implementation, personnel workspace moves, regular office-wide communications and change management.
- Manage the entire life cycle of assigned projects – from initiation to project closure.
- Work closely with project sponsors/stakeholders, ensuring business goal alignment.
- Create and manage project plans in collaboration with various stakeholders.
- Assess project risks and dependencies with various areas and develop mitigation plans.
- Coordinate with and manage consultant and/or vendor project managers or coordinators.
- Conduct project scoping and elicit business and technical requirements, if needed.
- Facilitate project steering committee meetings and prepare decision slides.
- Arrange and schedule project meetings with internal and external stakeholders or teams.
- Help the project team with technical activities, testing and issue resolution, as needed.
- Supervise and coach business analysts and other project team members.
- Ensure project documentation and deliverables are completed or signed off.
- Track project budgets, utilization, projections and change requests.
- Provide regular status reports and escalate issues in a timely manner.
- Work on multiple projects within the IT project portfolio simultaneously.
- Develop communication plans and collaborate with Linguistics Services and Marketing teams, as needed.
- Work closely with the Training team to develop and execute training programs as part of rollouts.
- Ensure smooth transition of new systems and processes to business operations and technical support.
- Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with sponsors, project teams, other firm members and vendors.
- Help refine Project Management methodology and artifacts based on PMI, Lean, Agile and industry best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology Management, Computer Science or equivalent field
- At least eight years of work experience as a Project Manager, managing high-impact IT projects
- PMP Certification
- Experience in business analytics paired with strong technical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with various projects related to IT infrastructure, applications, space transformation or renovation
- Demonstrated organizational planning, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work effectively with members at all levels of the firm
- Ability to adapt and work in a changing and fast-paced environment
- Bilingual, with excellent communication, influential and presentation skills
- Skilled in MS Office, Visio and project management tools
- Diplomatic leader with ability to motivate and inspire a team
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Available to primarily work in the office throughout the renovation project
- Experience in a law firm or professional services environment
- Agile certification, such as PMI-ACP, Scrum or SAFe
You are invited to email your resumé and cover letter in confidence to Amélie Daigle, Human Resources Business Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Davies is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.