Sept. 17, 2020 - As the COVID-19 public health crisis continues to unfold around the globe, antitrust considerations remain important for businesses evaluating strategic options and reacting to the pandemic’s disruptive impact on business operations. The legality of competitor collaborations, the applicable...
Investment Canada Act: Guide for Foreign Investors in Canada, 2019 Edition
The regulatory landscape for foreign investments in Canada is constantly evolving. As a regular adviser on matters relating to the Investment Canada Act (ICA), Davies has updated this informative guide for foreign investors and their advisers, which provides an overview of the ICA and how it is applied. Topics addressed include the following:
- thresholds and considerations that trigger a review under the ICA
- factors considered during an ICA review, and timing of the review process
- undertakings regularly required as a condition for approval
- sanctions for non-compliance with the ICA
- state-owned enterprise guidelines
- national security reviews
Sept. 09, 2020 - Davies has submitted a comprehensive comment letter to the Capital Markets Modernization Taskforce (Taskforce) in response to the consultation report published by the Taskforce on July 9, 2020 (Report). The Taskforce was formed by the Ontario government in February 2020 with a mandate to review...