Oct. 02, 2020 - Bill 42, An Act to give effect to fiscal measures announced in the Budget Speech delivered on 21 March 2019 and to various other measures was assented to on September 24, 2020, bringing into force the new rules respecting the disclosure of nominee contracts to Revenu Québec (RQ ). The...
120 Davies Lawyers Named by Best Lawyers in Canada
Best Lawyers in Canada has recognized our unrivalled expertise and commitment to excellence in its annual ranking of the country’s top practitioners. The 2021 edition has named 120 Davies partners across 44 practice areas among Canada’s best.
Davies also earned the title of “Tax Law Firm of the Year” in this year’s guide.
Additionally, eight Davies partners have been named “Lawyer of the Year” for achieving the highest overall peer feedback in their practice areas and cities:
- Sarbjit Basra – Private Funds Law, Toronto
- Guy Du Pont – Appellate Practice, Montréal
- Gerold Goldlist – Gaming Law, Toronto
- George Pollack – Transportation Law, Montréal
- Rhonda Rudick – Trusts and Estates, Montréal
- Franziska Ruf – Mergers & Acquisitions Law, Montréal
- Kent Thomson – Corporate and Commercial Litigation, Toronto
- Nicholas Williams – Public Finance Law, Toronto
Published for over three decades, Best Lawyers compiles its lists of top legal talents through an extensive peer-review survey of thousands of leading lawyers.
Sept. 29, 2020 - The U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) published proposed regulations (the Proposed Regulations) on August 14, 2020, providing much-needed guidance on the implementation of the carried interest rules under Section 1061. 1 These rules will be of great interest to investment fund managers as well...