Mar. 27, 2020 - Starting on March 18, 2020, the Government of Canada has announced a series of emergency measures intended to help stabilize the economy in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. These include tax and economic measures aimed at providing financial support for individuals and businesses and...
Davies Earns High Marks in Best Lawyers 2018
Ninety-seven Partners Recognized, Including 13 Lawyers of the Year
The 2018 edition of The Best Lawyers in Canada recognizes 97 Davies partners as leading lawyers across 34 areas of specialization. Our firm is also recognized as Law Firm of the Year in Tax Law.
Additionally, 13 Davies partners are named Lawyer of the Year in 14 categories. This recognition is awarded to individual lawyers in each evaluated practice area and city with the highest overall peer feedback.
The following Davies lawyers were each named Lawyer of the Year:
- Elias Benhamou – Real Estate Law, Montréal
- Brian Bloom – Trusts and Estates, Montréal
- Lucien Bouchard – Alternative Dispute Resolution, Montréal
- Richard Cherney – Biotechnology Law, Montréal
- James W.E. Doris – Gaming Law, Toronto
- Vincent A. Mercier – Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Toronto
- Sarah Powell – Environmental Law, Toronto
- Alain Roberge – Structured Finance Law, Montréal
- Elie Roth – Trusts and Estates, Toronto
- Franziska Ruf – Corporate Governance Practice, Montréal, and Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Montréal
- Cameron M. Rusaw – Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law, Toronto
- Sébastien Thériault – Energy Law, Montréal
- Nicholas C. Williams – Project Finance Law, Toronto
Best Lawyers compiles its lists of outstanding lawyers by conducting peer-review surveys in which thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers.
Mar. 23, 2020 - The Act mainly to establish the Centre d'acquisitions gouvernementales and Infrastructures technologiques Québec (Act) was assented to on February 21, 2020, by the National Assembly of Québec. The Act incorporates new provisions in the government procurement rules to combat abusive tax...