Specialist, French Writing and Editing
We are looking for a Specialist, French Writing and Editing to join the Marketing Communications team in our Montréal office. Reporting to the External Communications Manager, the successful applicant will support the firm’s communications, operations and business development initiatives and ensure the quality of French marketing and other content.
Our Montréal office delivers services in Québec both to Québec-based clients and to clients that do business in Québec. This requires that our content be created in both French and English, which is a function the Specialist, French Writing and Editing will fulfil in collaboration with our Specialist, French Translation and Editing and other firm members.
This role requires a highly organized, proactive, detail-oriented team player with impeccable French writing skills and marketing/communications experience.
Why join Davies?
- A collaborative, diverse and inclusive work environment
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive compensation, benefits and well-being programs
- Ongoing professional development and training
- Located in the heart of downtown, close to public transit
- Creating original content in French for various platforms, including the firm’s website, social media, intranet and other internal and external vehicles
- Editing and proofreading French content and translations for quality and accuracy, as well as to ensure compliance with Davies’ style guide and visual identity guidelines
- Assisting with translations, as needed
- Providing guidance and training on writing and communications best practices
- Assisting in the creation of a French language style guide
- Other writing, editing, proofreading and translation tasks, as assigned
Skills, Abilities and Experience Required
Education: This position requires a bachelor’s degree, ideally in translation, French literature, communications or journalism; a law degree would be a strong asset.
Experience: This position requires a minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience, ideally at a professional services firm. Copywriting and translation experience would be strong assets.
- Impeccable command of written French (including spelling, grammar and syntax) and working knowledge of English (written and spoken); familiarity with legal terminology would be a strong asset
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Knowledge of current digital marketing and social media best practices
- Superior time management skills and ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, under tight deadlines
- Collaborative, positive attitude, diplomacy and sound judgment
- Advanced knowledge of Word and PowerPoint. Knowledge of graphic design software would be an asset
Davies is a top-tier Canadian business law firm focused on high-stakes matters. With offices in Montréal, Toronto and New York, we are consistently at the heart of our clients’ most complex deals and cases.
Our firm is a recognized leader in all of its main practice areas. This leadership is confirmed in the most prestigious legal rankings—such as Chambers Global, Chambers Canada, Lexpert, Legal 500, Benchmark Litigation, IFLR 1000 and World Tax—where Davies receives top rankings year after year.
For more information or to apply, please submit your application to Emily Vuong, Senior Human Resources Business Partner, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Davies is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace for candidates and firm members with disabilities. Please let us know of any accommodations you may require at any time during the recruitment process.