Senior Paralegal, Corporate Law
Davies is a top-tier Canadian law firm focused on high-stakes matters. With offices in Montreal, Toronto and New York, we are consistently at the centre of the most challenging deals and cases in Canada and abroad.
A position at Davies is more than just a job. When you join the firm, you will be welcomed by a team that places as much emphasis on supporting its people as it does on serving its prestigious clients. As such, we have created a collaborative environment where team members of all backgrounds feel appreciated and are encouraged to share their ideas while working alongside some of the brightest legal and business professionals who are eager to share their knowledge and experience.
About the Position
We are looking for a senior paralegal to join the corporate law practice in our Montréal office. Reporting to the Director, Corporate Services, Corporate Group, the successful applicant will be primarily responsible for handling the various corporate and transactional aspects of our clients’ business dealings. You will also be working closely with our lawyers and interacting with the firm’s clients on a regular basis.
- Prepare documentation relating to incorporations, organizations, amendments, dissolutions, continuances, share capital, extraprovincial registrations, rollovers, estate freezes and other corporate transactions
- Draft annual corporate resolutions
- Manage physical and virtual files and monitor their progress
- Participate in various projects
- Participate in the continuous development of junior paralegals
- DCS in paralegal technology or equivalent diploma
- At least eight years’ experience in corporate law
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English *The position involves providing service to internal and external clients both in and outside Québec, hence verbal and written proficiency in both languages is required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a professional manner with clients, lawyers and team members
- Adept at exercising tact, discretion and sound judgment
- Analytical skills and strong problem-solving abilities
- Aptitude for multi-tasking and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Outlook, Word and Excel
For more information or to submit your application, please email Amélie Daigle, Human Resources Business Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Davies is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace for candidates and firm members with disabilities. Please let us know of any accommodations you may require at any time during the recruitment process.