Paralegal, Commercial/Real Estate
Reporting to the coordinator of the Commercial Real Estate and Secured Lending practice, the person in this position will assist the firm’s commercial real estate lawyers in file management tasks. The successful applicant will function as a full-fledged member of the group, will be expected to understand the issues inherent in the various files, be proactive in carrying out the tasks assigned by the team and deliver high-quality work enabling us to achieve client expectations.
- Conduct security searches and analyze results; draft security search reports (RDPRM, Bank Act security interests, insolvency and litigation);
- Conduct Land Register and Infolot searches;
- Conduct searches in the Québec Public Register of Real and Immovable Mining Rights (GESTIM);
- Conduct off-title searches at government bodies (municipalities, various government departments, etc.), analyze the documents provided and draft search reports;
- Complete and file RDPRM registration forms;
- Draft lease notices and releases and other Land Register instruments;
- Conduct corporate searches and analyze and draft corporate histories;
- Communicate with various registries, municipalities and government agencies;
- Perform any other related duties and responsibilities.
- DSC in paralegal technology or equivalent experience
- Three to five years in a similar position or relevant experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel)
- Proficient in searching the databases of the Land Register, Infolot, Register of personal and movable real rights (including the use of RDPRM-web forms), SOQUIJ-Azimut (court records and docket information), the Québec enterprise register, Corporations Canada and other corporate databases, Superintendent of Bankruptcy, GESTIM
- Ability to investigate and conduct research with given minimal information
- A demonstrated inquisitive mind and resourcefulness
- Ability to accurately analyze, synthesize and meticulously organize documents
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to produce work of a high standard, at times under tight deadlines
- Proactive in seeking solutions and following through
- Willing to occasionally work outside regular business hours
- Excellent command of French and English (spoken and written)
You are invited to email your resumé and cover letter in confidence to Amélie Daigle, Human Resources Business Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Davies is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.