Legal Assistant – Litigation
We are looking for a legal assistant to join the litigation practice in our Montréal office. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Legal Support Professionals, the successful applicant will provide administrative support to lawyers in litigation.
Why join Davies?
- A collaborative, diverse and inclusive work environment
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive compensation, benefits and well-being programs
- Ongoing professional development and training
- Located in the heart of downtown, close to public transit
- Draft and revise communications, including legal documents
- Finalize proceedings for notification and court filing
- Monitor procedural delays
- Communicate and liaise with bailiffs, clients, court representatives, service departments and third parties
- Check documents for grammar, formatting and compliance with legal requirements and Davies’ visual identity
- Manage files and documents using storage applications such as ShareFile, virtual data rooms, etc.
- Assist lawyers with business development projects and update contact database
- Manage deadlines, meetings and appointments in lawyers’ calendars
- Create and maintain an electronic archiving (file management) system
- Process data (time and expenses) and open files
- Contribute to the training of co-workers on an ongoing basis
- Perform other administrative tasks, as required.
Skills, Abilities and Experience Required
- Attestation of Collegial Studies (ACS) in legal secretarial studies or Diploma of Collegial Studies (DCS) in office systems technology; Diploma of Collegial Studies (DCS) in paralegal technology and/or Certificate of Law would be an asset
- At least three to five years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of Federal Court, Tax Court of Canada and Supreme Court of Canada proceedings would be an asset
- In-depth knowledge of Québec litigation proceedings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Team player with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and work within tight deadlines
Davies is a leading Canadian business law firm focused on high-stakes matters. With offices in Montreal, Toronto and New York, we are consistently at the heart of our clients’ most complex deals and cases.
Our firm is a recognized leader in all of its main practice areas. This leadership is confirmed in the most prestigious legal rankings—such as Chambers Global, Chambers Canada, Lexpert, Legal 500, Benchmark Litigation, IFLR 1000 and World Tax—where Davies receives top rankings year after year.
For more information or to apply, please submit your application to Amélie Daigle, Human Resources Business Partner, at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Davies is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace for candidates and firm members with disabilities. Please let us know of any accommodations you may require at any time during the recruitment process.