Legal Assistant – Corporate Services
We are looking for a legal assistant to join the Corporate Services group in our Montreal office. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Legal Support Professionals, the successful applicant will work closely with our paralegals, providing assistance on files dealing with corporate and transactional aspects related to the commercial operations of our clients.
Why join Davies?
- A collaborative, diverse and inclusive work environment
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive compensation, benefits and well-being programs
- Ongoing professional development and training
- Located in the heart of downtown, close to public transit
- Prepare annual reports for various jurisdictions and draft resolutions
- Maintain physical and electronic versions of minute books and corporate files
- Update corporate information sheets
- Fill out corporate forms and file them with the federal and provincial governments
- Perform searches in various government databases
- Enter corporate data in the Corplink application
- Assist in special projects and perform other administrative tasks
Skills, Abilities and Experience Required
- Attestation of Collegial Studies (ACS) in legal secretarial studies or Diploma of Collegial Studies (DCS) in office systems technology; Diploma of Collegial Studies (DCS) in paralegal technology and/or Certificate of Law would be an asset
- At least two years of relevant experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and Acrobat Pro
- Team player with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and work within tight deadlines
Davies is a leading Canadian business law firm focused on high-stakes matters. With offices in Montreal, Toronto and New York, we are consistently at the heart of our clients’ most complex deals and cases.
Our firm is a recognized leader in all of its main practice areas. This leadership is confirmed in the most prestigious legal rankings—such as Chambers Global, Chambers Canada, Lexpert, Legal 500, Benchmark Litigation, IFLR 1000 and World Tax—where Davies receives top rankings year after year.
For more information or to apply, please submit your application to Amélie Daigle, Human Resources Business Partner, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Davies is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace for candidates and firm members with disabilities. Please let us know of any accommodations you may require at any time during the recruitment process.