Davies is a top-tier Canadian law firm focused on high-stakes matters. With offices in Montreal, Toronto and New York, we are consistently at the heart of the most challenging deals and cases in Canada and abroad.
We are looking for a multi-skilled legal assistant to join the legal support professionals group in our Montréal office. Reporting to the Senior Manager, the successful applicant will support two lawyers (or paralegals) in business law or litigation.
Why join Davies?
A position at Davies is more than just a job. When you join the firm, you will be welcomed by a team that places as much emphasis on supporting its people as it does on serving its prestigious clients. As such, Davies employees enjoy:
- a collaborative, diverse and inclusive environment where the contributions of every team member are valued and rewarded;
- the opportunity to work alongside some of the brightest legal and business minds who are eager to share their knowledge and experience;
- projects and assignments that are challenging and provide continuous learning, growth and professional development opportunities;
- a flexible work schedule that ensures a healthy work-life balance;
- compensation, benefits and well-being programs that reflect the firm’s appreciation for its team members;
- training and continuing education programs that open doors to career advancement;
- offices in the heart of downtown, easily accessible by public transit.
- Draft correspondence and prepare and revise legal documents
- Check documents for grammar, formatting and compliance with legal requirements and Davies’ visual identity
- Manage files and documents using storage applications such as Closing Folders, ShareFile, virtual data rooms, etc.
- Assist lawyers with business development projects and update the contact database
- Manage deadlines, plan meetings and appointments and keep the lawyers’ calendar up to date
- Implement and maintain an electronic file management system
- Process data with respect to time entries, expenses and new business intake
- Act as a liaison with clients, colleagues, service departments and external parties
- Perform administrative tasks related to the management of the lawyers’ practice
- Participate in the training of colleagues
- Attestation of Collegial Studies (ACS) in legal secretarial studies or Diploma of Collegial Studies (DCS) in office systems technology; Diploma of Collegial Studies (DCS) in paralegal technology an asset
- At least five years of relevant experience
- In-depth knowledge of Québec litigation proceedings an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Team player with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and work within tight deadlines
For more information or to apply, please submit your application to Amélie Daigle, Human Resources Business Partner, at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Davies is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace for candidates and firm members with disabilities. Please let us know of any accommodations you may require at any time during the recruitment process.