Davies is a law firm focused on high-stakes matters. Committed to achieving superior outcomes for our clients, we are consistently at the heart of their most complex deals and cases. With offices in Toronto, Montréal and New York, our capabilities extend seamlessly to every continent.
We are currently seeking an Application Architect to join our Toronto office. Reporting to the Director, Enterprise Applications, the successful candidate will be a key member of the Enterprise Applications team. This role requires expertise with key systems that are critical to operations as well as providing guidance and support for issues of functionality, integration, performance/troubleshooting, design, documentation and deployment.
- Perform problem analysis and issue resolution for core on premise, SasS and Cloud applications
- Design and develop integrations and communications across a variety of systems, using IntApp Integrate
- Design, maintain and build workflow solutions with IntApp Open and Flow
- Develop REST and API integrations with remote systems
- Assist with monitoring overall SQL server infrastructure, including setup, backup processes, maintenance jobs, configuration and overall security
- Assist with, support and lead projects related to design, development, modification, maintenance and evaluation of custom applications
- Recommend changes in development, maintenance, and system standards
- Liaise with End User Support and Network Services teams to resolve issues and identify improvements, as needed
- Participate in user acceptance testing to ensure delivered product meets required functionality, user interface and performance requirements
- Stay abreast of new technology and make appropriate recommendations, as required
- Apply knowledge to build an environment which fosters accountability, quality, commitment, growth and innovation. This will include mentoring and coaching peers, as needed.
- Minimum of five years of experience with IntApp Integrate, Open and Flow, and Microsoft SQL Server design and development
- Minimum of three years of experience with REST APIs for integration with remote systems and two years of experience with SSRS, SSAS and SSIS
- Knowledge of IntApp Conflicts would be an asset
- Experience with data ingestion and normalization for various sources (Vendor APIs, Excel, CSV, alternate databases)
- Experience with designing and developing Power BI reports as well as building and implementing data architecture catalog
- Proficiency with various Microsoft technologies, including IIS, Powershell scripting, Active Directory and Azure
- Ability to understand complex requests and translate user needs into systems strategy and requirements
- Adhere to high standards and develop plans for improving operational performance
- Project and time management skills, with ability to convey complex instructions clearly
- Critical and analytical thinker with ability to work independently and manage multiple projects, shifting priorities and deadlines
- Experience with Aderant (or Elite) software, including financial reporting and analysis would be an asset.
Qualified candidates are invited to email their cover letter and resumé, in confidence, to Robyn Hayes, Human Resources Generalist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP is committed to providing a work environment that is diverse, inclusive and accessible to applicants and firm members with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please contact Robyn Hayes, email@example.com or 416.367.7910.