Reporting to the Senior Director, Knowledge Management and Pricing, this role has responsibility for implementing the firm’s strategic objectives in the area of pricing, while working with the rest of the Pricing Team, our legal professionals and other stakeholders to meet clients’ pricing and matter management needs.
- Play a key role in the implementation of the strategic pricing and matter management initiatives aimed at ensuring that the pricing objectives of the firm’s clients are met with the level of consistency and excellence expected of the firm.
- Support the firm’s lawyers in the development of pricing proposals, budgets, fee arrangements, cost strategies, solutions and budget models to meet client needs and business objectives, including as part of formal RFP submissions.
- Serve as a primary resource for lawyers in responding to requests for historical cost data and providing relevant resources such as budget templates and checklists.
- Work with the rest of the Pricing Team to convert available pricing data into actionable information with a view to developing more effective, new pricing arrangements and best practices.
- Use historical data and analytics to identify variables affecting cost and to build pricing and staffing models to promote more accurate forecasting and efficient service delivery.
- Expand and maintain the firm’s suite of pricing resources, including templates for fee estimates/budgets, matter plans, code sets and fee proposals.
- Analyze the success of various fee arrangements, including to draw conclusions for future endeavours and record lessons learned.
- Promote awareness of, and conduct training on, the firm's pricing tools and resources.
- Stay abreast of new pricing technology and participate in the evaluation, implementation and adoption of new tools.
- Interact at a high level and coordinate firm-wide with all practice groups and administrative departments.
- BCL, LLB or equivalent law degree, with excellent academic credentials
- Minimum of two years of client-facing experience as a lawyer, preferably in a transactional practice
- Fully bilingual (English and French)
- Experience or knowledge in the area of legal pricing, project management and/or process improvement – a strong asset
- Client-facing experience and relationship-management skills
- Keen interest in data, analytics and legal technology and ease in using them
- Excellent drafting, written and oral communication skills, including the ability to explain concepts clearly and concisely
- Outstanding interpersonal and client-service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and possessing outstanding initiative
- Innovative and forward-looking thinking
- Strong teamwork and strategic and analytical thinking skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including advanced Excel skills
To apply, please email your resumé, cover letter, academic record and list of representative files in complete confidence to Barbara Shore from Shore & Associates, Legal Recruitment at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Davies is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.