Scott D. Fisher
Scott Fisher is a partner in the Corporate/Commercial and Capital Markets practices. He advises clients on public and private offerings of debt and equity securities, business combinations and corporate governance. He also provides guidance to companies and boards on matters relating to the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and stock exchange listing requirements.
Scott recently joined Davies after more than 10 years of practice at other leading New York law firms. Scott has developed extensive expertise in representing private equity firm portfolio companies in IPOs and subsequent equity offerings, and has worked with issuers and underwriters in offerings of public and private equity, high-yield and investment-grade debt and asset-backed securities. Scott also offers significant expertise in debt restructuring transactions and consent solicitations.
Upon graduation from law school in 1999, Scott clerked for Hon. Raymond J. Dearie of the Eastern District of New York. Scott was previously a Counsel at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP and an Associate at Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP.
Scott’s transactions prior to joining Davies include representing:
- Hemisphere Media Group, Inc., a U.S. Spanish-language media company with cable television and broadcast television networks serving the U.S. Hispanic population and Latin America, in a public offering of its common stock and warrants and the listing of its shares of common stock on NASDAQ following a series of merger transactions with Azteca Acquisition Corporation, Cinelatino, WAPA America and WAPA TV.
- Ivanhoe Mines (now known as Turquoise Hill Resources) in a $1.8-billion rights offering.
- Harland Clarke Holdings Corp., in connection with offerings totaling $285 million of 9.750% Senior Secured Notes due 2018.
- Spectrum Brands Inc. in connection with its offering of $300 million of 6.750% Senior Notes due 2020.
- Rockwood Holdings, Inc., Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. and certain management stockholders in initial public and secondary offerings of Rockwood common stock.
- Foundation Coal Holdings, Inc. and The Blackstone Group in initial public and secondary offerings of Foundation Coal common stock.
- Sealy Corp. and Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. in initial public offering of Sealy common stock.