Gregg M. Benson
Gregg M. Benson is a partner in the Taxation practice at Davies. His areas of expertise cover a wide range of tax issues relating to mergers and acquisitions, partnerships and limited liability companies, structured finance and securitization and cross-border transactions. Gregg has also represented investors and developers in renewable energy projects, coordinated due diligence teams in connection with preparation of U.S. tax disclosure for offerings of REMIC interests to U.S. and foreign investors and represented high-net worth individuals.
Gregg recently joined Davies after practicing for over a decade at other New York law firms and corporations. In this time Gregg developed expertise in negotiating and documenting tax provisions in complex corporate transactions, including, tax-free reorganizations, taxable asset and stock deals, and financing transactions.
Gregg graduated from Fordham University School of Law in 2000 and obtained a Masters in Taxation, Focus in Business Taxation in 2005 from New York University’s School of Law.
Gregg’s transactions prior to joining Davies include representing:
- Visa Inc. during their IPO and pre-IPO restructuring.
- Onex Corporation on sale of The Warranty Group, Inc. for approximately $1.5B.
- American Securities in acquisition of Learning Care Group (US) Inc.
- Onex Corporation on its investment in Schumacher Group and Schumacher Group’s subsequent acquisition of Hospital Physician Partners (“HPP”).
- American Securities in its sale of specialty paper coating and finishing company FiberMark Inc.
- WKN USA, LLC in purchase of wind turbines for use in Mozart Wind Farm.
- RPM Access on Google’s $75 million equity investment in RPM’s Rippey Wind Farm.
- Citigroup Commercial Mortgage Securities Inc. in issuance and sale of $1.04 billion Commercial Mortgage Pass-Through Certificates.