Davies Partners Bring Their Insights to ABA’s Business Law Section Virtual Annual Meeting
Davies is pleased to participate in the 2020 ABA Business Law Section Virtual Annual Meeting, being held online on September 21-25.
Key to our participation will be an engaging and informative fireside chat with Marc-André Blanchard, Executive Vice-President and Head of CDPQ Global of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (former ambassador and permanent representative of Canada to the UN) on managing investment risk in a volatile market in the wake of COVID-19. Sarbjit Basra and Philippe Johnson, the firm’s managing partners, will lead the discussion on Tuesday, September 22 at 4:30 PM (CT).
In addition, several of our partners share their expert perspectives on the following topics:
- Cara Cameron: “Indemnification Language That Matters: Critical Language in Indemnification Provisions and What Can Happen if You Don’t Have It”
- CLE Panel Sponsored by the Middle Market Committee, Wednesday, September 23 at 10:45 AM (CT).
- Elliot Greenstone: “M&A for the Venture Capital–Backed Life Science Company”
- CLE Panel Sponsored by the Private Equity and Venture Capital Committee, Wednesday, September 23 at 2:00 PM (CT).
- Brian Kujavsky: “The North American Cannabis Market: A Dynamically Evolving Legal and Commercial Environment”
- International Expansion and Cross-Border Transactions Subcommittee meeting, Wednesday, September 23 at 2:00 PM (CT)
- Brooke Jamison: ESG in the Time of COVID: Key Considerations for Investment Fund Managers, published on September 16 in the ABA Business Law Section’s Business Law Today.
Be sure to join our presenters and attendees at the virtual sponsor Expo in the Section Lounge on Tuesday, September 22 at 8:00 AM and 1:45 PM (CT); and on Thursday, September 24 at 8:30 AM and 1:45 PM (CT).
Davies is a platinum sponsor of this year’s event, the first of its kind to be held virtually. Widely considered the top venue for business law professionals to learn, connect and share, the ABA Business Law Section Annual Meeting covers the full spectrum of topics, from introductory-level programming to in-depth analysis of complex issues. Over 3000 attendees are expected at this year’s event.