Sept. 24, 2020 - Introduction Parliament passed on July 27, 2020, the Time Limits and Other Periods Act (COVID-19) (Time Limits Act), which we summarized in a previous bulletin. Briefly, the Time Limits Act automatically suspends statutory time limits for federal civil proceedings for six months and...
COVID-19: Our Commitment to Our Clients and Communities
The health and welfare of our people, our clients and our communities are foremost in our thoughts as we actively monitor and adapt to the COVID-19 pandemic.
We want our clients to know that we have the business continuity plans in place to allow us to operate as we adapt to the consequences of the pandemic with as little disruption as possible.
We have implemented proactive measures focused on the safety of our clients, guests and vendors as well as our people, and we continue to adapt as circumstances evolve. Our plans have been informed by the advice of the appropriate governmental agencies as well as medical experts retained by us for this purpose.
- Our teams can and do operate effectively on your behalf from any location. We have implemented plans for critical business units to work remotely, and we continue to stress-test our protocols and capabilities.
- Technology, systems and data are secure and well tested.
- Client meetings and events are being limited, moved to teleconferencing or rescheduled, as appropriate.
- We have implemented enhanced cleaning and disinfecting protocols in our offices.
- We have implemented and are regularly updating policies for personnel who become ill or are concerned that they may have been exposed to the virus.
- We have restricted all business travel and are monitoring personal travel to identify risks.
- In the event that office closures are necessary, we want to assure you that your Davies team remains committed to being fully accessible and responsive to your legal and business needs.
We remain focused on providing you with rapid response to your critical legal and business needs and issues, including those emerging from COVID-19. We are monitoring its impact on markets and transactions daily and would be glad to share our insights, specific to your circumstances. Don’t hesitate to reach out to your Davies team at any point.
We hope that you and your loved ones remain safe and healthy as this global health challenge unfolds.
Sept. 24, 2020 - Here you will find up-to-date information and comprehensive insights on a range of issues related to COVID-19 and their implications for businesses. Select one of the following areas to be directed to our latest guidance on a particular subject or scroll down for our full list of insights and...