Technology in the Time of a Pandemic
Davies continually invests in technology and infrastructure to allow our lawyers to respond rapidly to clients’ needs from anywhere in the world at any time. As a result, we remain fully capable of providing the highest level of service and counsel to clients.
We recognize that data security is a top concern at this time. We are proud to be ISO 27001-certified. Our security policies are robust, and we train our people on the best practices necessary to safeguard your information, privacy and confidentiality.
Our tools give us the ability to do the following:
- Support your transactions virtually, using:
- Closing Folders – a cloud-based legal transaction management solution that facilitates virtual closings
- Firmex Deal Room – a cloud-based due diligence and legal transaction management solution that facilitates virtual due diligence and legal transaction management
- DocuSign – a cloud-based service that facilitates electronic signatures on agreements
- Conduct AI-assisted document review using cloud-based Kira Diligence
- Securely share documents, including large files that would be rejected by email, using ShareFile
- Conduct virtual examinations for discovery, mediations and arbitrations through a number of cloud-based providers
- Conduct eDiscovery and document review through several cloud-based providers and using leading review platforms such as Relativity and Nuix
- Remain reachable at our regular office phone numbers using Jabber
- Engage in cloud-based video and voice conferencing using Webex Meetings or your preferred tool for video conferencing
Our tools ensure the seamless delivery of client service by allowing us to do the following:
- Communicate as a team seamlessly using Jabber and Webex Teams
- Leverage Microsoft OneDrive and OneNote for secure document creation and matter organization
- Securely access our network through Citrix or VPN
- Access our online library resources, including our library catalogue and our online legal information subscription services such as Thomson Reuters Practical Law
- Easily access our extensive precedent and memoranda collection
- Access online administrative tools such as IntApp Open for comprehensive conflict checks
- Leverage Iridium, the firm’s business intelligence and financial analytics systems, for easier client file management and better legal services delivery
- Access all historical email at Mimecast, the firm’s cloud-based email archive service
Our ongoing investment in and experience with leading legal service technologies have enabled us to scale up quickly in response to the pandemic and allow all of our people to operate remotely. We are ready to assist and are fully equipped to guide you through and beyond this crisis.