Jan. 30, 2020 - In our annual Tax Review and Outlook report, we look back at significant developments that shaped the Canadian and U.S. tax landscapes in 2019 and offer our predictions on what to expect in the year ahead. Key Canadian Developments in 2019 Proposed changes to the employee stock option rules...
Davies Acted in Six of Lexpert Magazine’s Top 10 Deals of 2016, Including Deal of the Year
Davies was recognized as a significant player in six of the top 10 Canadian corporate deals of 2016 in Lexpert Magazine’s January/February 2017 issue.
Most notably, Davies acted in Lexpert’s Deal of the Year – Fortis Inc.’s acquisition of ITC Holdings Corp.
Davies was profiled for acting in the following Canadian corporate deals:
- Fortis Inc.’s acquisition of ITC Holdings Corp. (Deal of the Year)
- McKesson Corporation’s acquisition of Rexall and Rexall Pharma Plus
- Shaw Communications Inc.’s sale of Shaw Media to Corus Entertainment Inc.
- Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc.’s acquisition of CST Brands
- Suncor Energy Inc.’s takeover bid for Canadian Oil Sands Limited
- Progressive Waste Solutions Ltd.’s merger with Waste Connections Inc.
Lexpert’s Top 10 Deals of the Year list is published annually, based on an extensive canvass of Canadian M&A, securities and corporate finance lawyers.
Jan. 30, 2020 - Review of U.S. Tax Developments in 2019 In 2019, the U.S. tax world continued to be primarily concerned with developing guidance under the monumental Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA), which was enacted at the end of 2017. Major regulatory projects were proposed beginning in 2018,...