June 30, 2020 - The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in the imposition of safety measures by governments around the world, including that in Canada, to protect the health of their citizens. Similarly, businesses have imposed safety measures to protect their employees. These measures include restrictions on...
Davies Acted in Six of Lexpert Magazine’s Top 10 Deals of 2016, Including Deal of the Year
Davies was recognized as a significant player in six of the top 10 Canadian corporate deals of 2016 in Lexpert Magazine’s January/February 2017 issue.
Most notably, Davies acted in Lexpert’s Deal of the Year – Fortis Inc.’s acquisition of ITC Holdings Corp.
Davies was profiled for acting in the following Canadian corporate deals:
- Fortis Inc.’s acquisition of ITC Holdings Corp. (Deal of the Year)
- McKesson Corporation’s acquisition of Rexall and Rexall Pharma Plus
- Shaw Communications Inc.’s sale of Shaw Media to Corus Entertainment Inc.
- Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc.’s acquisition of CST Brands
- Suncor Energy Inc.’s takeover bid for Canadian Oil Sands Limited
- Progressive Waste Solutions Ltd.’s merger with Waste Connections Inc.
Lexpert’s Top 10 Deals of the Year list is published annually, based on an extensive canvass of Canadian M&A, securities and corporate finance lawyers.
June 15, 2020 - With much of the world focused on the immediacy of the COVID-19 pandemic, including its heavy human and economic toll, we have cast our eyes optimistically on the (near, we hope) future when companies regain sufficient confidence to re-enter the public M&A market in large numbers. Although...