We are seeking a Document Specialist to join our Montréal office and to support our professionals in all technical aspects of document production. If you are a Microsoft Office expert, enjoy working in a variety of applications and document types, and would like to share your technical expertise and software knowledge with our users, you may be the person we are looking for!
Reporting to the Manager, Legal Assistants and Secretarial Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects related to document production as well as for providing firm wide technical and troubleshooting support in Microsoft Office and other desktop applications.
- Draft, format and revise legal and complex documents in Word from handwritten text, documents converted from PDF, the firm’s templates and transcription of digital dictation
- Create Excel spreadsheets, tables, graphics and organizational charts
- Design PowerPoint presentations and legal document templates
- Proofread documents to ensure strict conformity with the specifications, Davies’ visual identity and functionality of applied formats
- Know and promote Davies’ visual identity and apply it in documents
- Provide frontline technical support in Microsoft Office, especially in Word, to our users by tapping into one’s advanced knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Provide expert assistance in other desktop applications such as Adobe Pro
- Develop and share best practices for working efficiently in Microsoft Office
- Prioritize work effectively while respecting the deadlines
- Keep abreast of new technologies and developments in document production
- Participate in special projects and perform any other related tasks
- Diploma in office automation or the equivalent, with a minimum of three to five years’ experience in document production in a professional services firm
- Exceptional proficiency in advanced functions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Pro
- Ability to work with graphics and images
- Outstanding client service and excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written skills in French and English
- Ability to manage priorities and evaluate time required to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability to resolve technical questions promptly
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Comfortable working under pressure in a professional and consistently evolving environment
- MOS Certification an asset
- Knowledge of organizational chart software an asset
You are invited to email your resumé in confidence to Amélie Daigle, Human Resources Business Partner at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Davies is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.