Specialist, Learning and Development
We are currently seeking a Specialist, Learning and Development, to support the implementation of a new training strategy adapted to hybrid working.
Reporting to the Human Resources lead, the Specialist, Learning and Development, will be primarily responsible for the design and development of learning materials and staff training. The person in this role will work closely with our Senior Specialist, Learning and Development, the training teams in our various offices and our Human Resources team.
- Identify and analyze learning and development needs
- Develop an onboarding and integration plan for new employees, as well as training and development plans
- Identify the appropriate learning strategies and adult learning principles suited to the needs and preferences of the learners
- Design and develop training materials for a hybrid work environment
- Contribute to planning and organizing training and professional development activities
- Provide staff training in virtual, in-person and hybrid modes
- Improve existing training practices and procedures
- Take on other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in education, vocational education, adult education, psychology, human resource management or a related field
- Three to five years’ experience in a relevant position
- Knowledge of best practices in training management and online training
- Excellent technological skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at various levels of the organization
- Good group facilitation skills
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written skills, in both English and French
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience in a law firm or other advisory service sector experience
- Simple to moderate digital graphic design experience
- Proficiency in the use of Adobe Captivate
- Simple video editing experience
- Experience working with learning management systems
To apply, please email your resumé and cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Candidates will be tested and subject to a selection process.
Davies is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.