Specialist, French Writing And Editing
Reporting to the Manager, Communications External, the Specialist, French Writing and Editing is responsible for drafting, writing and editing Marketing Department and firm-generated content in support of Davies’ overall objectives. The incumbent will also be responsible for adapting English content for French audiences.
The Specialist works with members of the Marketing Department, administration and the lawyers to craft communications strategies for external, internal content to meet profile-raising and business development needs. This role proactively collaborates with other team members and develops knowledge of the firm’s practices, industries, clients, internal and external efforts and initiatives.
In addition, the Specialist will be responsible for the following, in terms of writing style and constancy:
- working with the Chief Business Development and Marketing Officer, Director and Managers to adapt the style guide as the guide of firm record and in concert with the translation department and lawyer professional development
- keeping the department writing style guide current
- training department team members to ensure that they know the guidelines
- creating interactive self-help sections on our intranet
- bachelor’s Degree, preferably in French or a related field
- a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of relevant experience. The equivalent combination of advanced degree, training and experience may be considered
- strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing in French
- ability to read and communicate in English
- advanced technological skills with the Microsoft suite of products
- technological acumen of digital marketing, social media strategies and content creation best practices. Competent in operating these or similar database software and research tools: Meltwater, JD Supra, Lexology, Mondaq, LexisNexis or Westlaw, Introhive; InterAction, Tikit
- ability to influence and exercise good judgment
- demonstrated ability to manage projects while adapting to changing priorities
- a highly organized and self-directed approach to work, detailed-oriented with a track record of following through on commitments and managing multiple expectations simultaneously
- a law degree
- law firm, legal-related, professional services or partnership-organizational experience
- working knowledge of NetDocuments, Monday.com and Foundation
To apply, please email your resumé and cover letter in confidence to Emily Vuong, Senior Human Resources Business Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Davies is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.