Specialist, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (Toronto or Montréal)
We are currently seeking a Specialist, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I), in Toronto or Montréal to facilitate the delivery of DE&I programming at Davies.
Reporting to the Chairs of the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council, the Specialist, DE&I, will ensure the delivery of firm-wide and local office DE&I-based programs and events, and liaise with Talent/Recruitment teams, HR, Professional Development and other departments and committees in this process.
- Assist with the implementation of DE&I initiatives across the firm’s three offices
- Support the DE&I Council by creating agendas and presentations
- Provide support for People Networks (Employee Resources Groups) by facilitating the meetings, assisting with annual proposals and supporting the execution of projects
- Draft firm-wide communications to raise awareness of DE&I programs and initiatives
- Work with the communications team to develop internal and external website content and social media postings
- Facilitate programming and organize DE&I events across the firm, including coordinating speakers and marketing for events
- Support the biannual Diversity & Engagement survey, facilitate the use of resulting data by firm members and ensure the continuous delivery of the diversity survey in the onboarding process for new hires
- Support the tracking of metrics to consider progress against goals and draft reporting to internal and external stakeholders
- Gather information about DE&I market trends to ensure that the firm benefits from the latest research
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree
- Two years’ experience championing DE&I in a prior organization or volunteer/community capacity, with an understanding of DE&I best practices, is preferred
- Project management skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing complex, multi-phased projects is an asset
- Ability to both work independently and collaborate as part of a team
- Strategic and analytical thinking
- Demonstrated results-oriented approach
- Strong research skills
- High attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- French language skills an asset
Qualified candidates are invited to email their cover letters and resumés in confidence to email@example.com.
The firm is committed to providing a work environment that is diverse, inclusive and accessible. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please contact Robyn Hayes, firstname.lastname@example.org.