Specialist, Business Development
We are looking for a Business Development Specialist to join our Business Development, Marketing & Communications team in our Montréal office. As part of our team, you will work with passionate, inclusive and dynamic professionals who support the firm and our lawyers in their client development, marketing, communications and media relations strategies and activities. If you are a talented team player, committed to evolve in a collaborative and fast-paced environment to achieve exceptional results, look no further. We would like to hear from you!
Reporting to the Business Development Manager, the Business Development Specialist is responsible for providing exceptionally strong client development support service for our internal clients. Accordingly, you will be delivering highly anticipatory and responsive service, supporting our lawyers’ entrepreneurial efforts to pursue, retain and expand client relationships. Central to this role is the ability to (1) execute the firm’s process for submissions to ranking directories and awards, and eventually lead the process; (2) manage, develop and research business development-focused content and materials; and (3) support operations of internal and external business development and marketing initiatives, whether occasional or recurring.
- Contribute to the strategic composition and submission of Chambers and other legal ranking directory submissions and awards. Responsibilities include the following:
- Draft key sections of directory submissions and manage efficient and collaborative directory submissions across offices, adhering to quality standards and operational procedures;
- Draft firm and lawyers award submissions and oversee the approval process;
- Research and analyze report findings on competitors and deals to support improved rankings.
- Coordinate ranking research interviews and develop interview preparation sheets. Make edits to submissions and coordinate approvals as required.
- Liaise with counterparts and lawyers on transaction and case information quarterly and annually in connection with third-party reporting agencies and league tables.
- Draft, adapt or maintain matter, case, practice and industry descriptions, specific biography information and other content materials so that they are up to date, accessible and reusable, in both languages, and coordinate with other Davies counterparts.
- Implement and execute an internal process for matter, case and referral collection for the Montréal office.
- Support efforts related to business development, including contributions to proposal and pitch presentations through research, information gathering and/or summarizing.
- Assist in the execution of other marketing and business development initiatives as the need arises, such as pre- and post-event follow-ups, sponsorship activation, CRM updates, BD systems and process development/implementation.
- Track, follow up and report on the above initiatives.
- Respond to internal and external inquiries on a regular basis and provide exceptional client service.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing or Law (or relevant paralegal studies) with a minimum of four years of relevant experience in business development, marketing or communications, ideally within a legal or professional services organization
- Outstanding writing, analytical and research skills, in both French and English (experience with external databases, such as S&P Capital IQ and Merger Markets an asset)
- Highly detail-oriented in work and deliverables
- Self-starter, organized, thorough and able to work well in a fast-paced environment under pressure
- Flexibility to manage last-minute requests, sometimes outside business hours
- Strong business acumen, client service–focused, political/news savvy tact and diplomacy
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with team members, internal and external clients
- Advanced Word, PowerPoint, Excel and OneNote skills
You are invited to email your resumé and cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Davies is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.