Senior Human Resources and Organizational Development Business Partner
We are currently looking for a senior human resources business partner with a strong interest in and talent for managing HR and organizational development projects. The human resources department in our Montréal office is transforming its business model and reviewing its practices, programs and policies; this position represents a unique opportunity to work with a creative team committed to supporting a first-rate employee experience. We are seeking someone who: is interested in applying their skills in the generalist role of HRBP to strategic projects to develop the department (in particular, the total compensation and employee benefits component); has good business sense; can analyze problematic processes and situations and recommend value-added solutions; and has exceptional attention to detail, natural ability to work with numbers, change management skills and familiarity with technological tools.
Reporting to the Human Resources Lead, you will assume the following responsibilities:
Human Resources Business Partner component
- Manage and maintain strong relationships with the directors, managers and members of your client groups and actively contribute to the further deployment of the business partnership model in progressive experiential coaching;
- Identify, implement and execute management strategies that will help internal clients achieve their business objectives or manage situational issues;
- Advance management practices for objectives, performance, talent and succession planning;
- Carry out all phases of the staffing process for your client groups and work with partner agencies as required;
- Advise, support and supervise managers and employees in interpreting and applying HR policies and processes;
- Be change agent and show leadership in the roll-out of new, key HR processes or programs.
Human Resources and Organizational Development component
- Compensation projects: Actively participate in and/or lead projects to design and implement job and salary structures and redesign bonus programs and policies related to total compensation;
- Talent management projects: Actively participate in projects to establish programs, processes and tools to manage objectives, performance, annual salary reviews and the advancement of development/career management plans;
- Group insurance: In cooperation with the Toronto HR team, actively participate in various review, bonus and communications projects for our group insurance and wellness plans;
- Retirement savings plan: Lead the project to analyze and review our retirement savings plan in cooperation with the selected consultants. Assess the performance of the funds and the distribution of our assets, and submit recommendations to ensure we remain competitive;
- HR policies: In cooperation with the team, draft documents and update selected HR policies, applying the appropriate best practices in the market. Recommend the creation of new policies and programs to enhance the employee experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or human resources
- At least ten (10) years of experience related to the requirements of the position
- Proven ability to manage large-scale projects and focus on the continuous improvement of processes and programs
- Rigorous, detail oriented and ability to analyze and synthesize information
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, while balancing many different priorities and activities at any one time
- Mastery of MS Office – in particular, Excel (advanced level), Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to manage projects autonomously, taking into account the environment and the team
- Bilingualism in English and French, both oral and written
To apply, please submit your résumé and cover letter in complete confidentiality to Amélie Daigle, Human Resources Business Partner, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Davies is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.