The Office Services department in our Toronto office is currently looking for an experienced Receptionist to join their team on a permanent, in-office basis. We are looking for an individual who thrives in a stimulating, fast-paced environment and has a strong commitment to exceptional client service. Candidates should be flexible in terms of their working hours, with the ability to work until 7:00 p.m.
- Answer telephones and route calls appropriately
- Greet clients and escort them to boardrooms, as required
- Notify appropriate staff members of the arrival of clients/visitors
- Provide conference call-in numbers after hours
- Report concerns regarding firm premises (lighting, heating, washrooms, carpets, etc.) to Office Services or building maintenance staff
- Check reception and client rooms for tidiness and coordinate cleaning with the kitchen or Office Services, as required
- Coordinate all boardroom bookings using a booking system and liaise with the kitchen and Office Services to coordinate servery and audio-visual/set-up needs. Provide backup support to the Boardroom Service Coordinator for audio-visual set-up, as required
- Provide backup to switchboard operators, as required
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience working in a professional services environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including both verbal and written communication
- Superior client services skills including the ability to professionally greet clients with ease
- Friendly, professional and confident demeanour
- Strong organizational and time management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently
- Ability to deal with stressful or high-pressure situations effectively and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as a self-starter and within a team environment
- A high degree of integrity, diplomacy, discretion and respect for confidentiality
- Flexibility to work until 7:00 p.m.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, PowerPoint)
All reception staff are required to wear a business suit jacket while working at the reception desks during office hours.
Qualified candidates are invited to email their cover letter and resumé in confidence to: email@example.com.
Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP is committed to providing a work environment that is diverse, inclusive and accessible to applicants and firm members with disabilities.
If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please contact Robyn Hayes, Generalist, Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416.367.7910.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. No phone calls please.