Reporting to the lawyer responsible for the trademarks sector, the candidate will be responsible for handling different aspects of trademarks files. Moreover, the person will interact regularly with clients, their representatives and foreign correspondents.
- maintain the firm’s trademark management system
- monitor deadlines and ensure the respect thereof
- follow up on trademark files with clients and foreign agents
- draft reporting letters to clients and responses to examination reports
- perform trademark searches on the CIPO database and other databases using various search engines
- prepare and file trademark applications with the CIPO
- prepare documents for trademark renewals, Nice classification, assignments, change of address, etc.
- assist the lawyer responsible with oppositions, cancellation of applications and trademark litigation
- assist the lawyer responsible in transactional files with respect to intellectual property assets
- perform clerical and administrative tasks related to the position
- participate in various projects
Qualifications and Skills
- DCS in paralegal technology or equivalent diploma
- completion of the IPIC introductory trademarks course an asset
- a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- knowledge of an IP management systems
- excellent written and oral skills in French and English
- proficient in Word and Excel
- proactive with strong analytical and organizational skills
- great attention to detail
- facility to manage multiple files at the same time
- ability to provide excellent client service
Qualified candidates are invited to email their resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Davies is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status.