Manager, Billing Compliance
We are currently seeking a Manager, Billing Compliance, to join the Finance and Accounting team and reporting to the Director, Billing & AR Operations. The person in this role will be responsible for providing leadership and direction as well as for training the billing intake team. The responsibilities encompass setting up pricing systems, understanding clients’ billing and billing requirements and ensuring these are reflected in various systems. The Billing Compliance Manager will also provide exceptional internal and external client service, working directly with clients, partners, billers and assistants to ensure the team provides key operational tasks critical to the firm’s financial performance.
- Coach and supervise up to three direct reports in the department, ensuring the team delivers seamless and exceptional service and understands clients’ external counsel guidelines as they relate to billing accounts.
- Review current procedures to monitor and improve efficiency of the intake operations and ensure the team meets service level agreement standards and targets.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of client billing and discount arrangements and serve as the subject matter expert for all intake and pricing set-up processes and systems to mitigate risks, delayed billings, re-bills, etc.
- Act as an escalation point of contact to solve complex billing intake issues.
- Participate in the development and implementation of operating policies and procedures.
- Make recommendations to management on strategies for improving internal processes to maximize productivity and quality of work.
- Motivate employees to achieve peak productivity and performance working both in the office and remotely.
- Abide by firm policies and handle confidential materials and documents.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business or work experience, with at least five years’ billing and three years’ supervisory experience in professional services
- Proficiency with computers, including advanced Excel skills and billing management
- Experience with Aderant, 3E (Elite) and eBillingHub would be an asset
- Ability to work in a high-volume environment, strong problem-solving skills and the capability to exercise judgment to resolve technical issues
- Excellent at engaging with clients, building rapport and relationships
- Leadership skills to coach, train and/or mentor staff
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written), focused listening, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Attention to detail, organized, and time management skills along with the ability to balance daily work
- Positive attitude, patience, resilience and a sense of humour
- A compliance and procedural mindset
- Working proficiency in French is an asset
Qualified candidates are invited to email their cover letter and resumé in confidence to Robyn Hayes, Human Resources Generalist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your resumé but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP is committed to providing a work environment that is diverse, inclusive and accessible to applicants and firm members with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please contact Robyn Hayes, email@example.com or 416.367.7910.