We are seeking a Legal Assistant to join our Secretarial Services team in Montréal. Reporting to the Manager, Secretarial Services, the candidate will provide administrative assistance to a senior lawyer in Corporate law who plays a key role in the firm’s international business development initiative. The candidate will also assist another lawyer in the same practice area.
- Draft and revise correspondence and documents relating to business development
- Prepare and maintain lists of invitees and participants attending networking events
- Formulate and perform complex Internet searches
- Update the contacts database and generate query-based reports
- Manage the lawyer’s calls, emails and agenda
- Perform administrative tasks such as new business intake, creating expense reports and data entry
- Participate in business development projects
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (DCS)
- Two to three years’ pertinent experience in a professional services firm
- Working knowledge of documents related to the corporate practice area
- Excellent oral and writing skills in French and English
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Great attention to detail
- Self-starter with good judgment
- Ability to set priorities and work within tight deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills
- Team player
You are invited to email your resumé and cover letter in confidence to Amélie Daigle, Human Resources Business Partner at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Davies is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.