IT Service Desk Technician
We are seeking an IT Service Desk Technician who stands out for her or his customer service, organizational skills, efficiency, thoroughness and discretion to join our dynamic Information Technology team.
Reporting to the Service Manager, User support, the person plays a front-line role, is customer-oriented and must have excellent technical and IT service support skills.
- Act as the first point of contact for all IT requests from users (including requests regarding computer hardware, printers, software licences, collaboration/video-conferencing tools, applications and mobile services), whether in person, by email, phone or chat, and respond promptly, effectively and in a courteous and professional manner.
- Enter and update all requests in the IT service management system in accordance with established procedures.
- Manage, support, track and follow-up on all requests for services and support received.
- Pass on issues that cannot be resolved immediately to the right people in higher-tier support teams.
- Identify long-term solutions that can help reduce recurring calls to the service desk.
- Install, configure or reconfigure and/or update components of laptops and desktops in accordance with requests or directions received.
- Assist in welcoming new employees in terms of installation and configuration of equipment, including mobile devices (iPhone or Android) in accordance with firm policies.
- Assist users who work remotely using Citrix and VPN.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all equipment, software and software licences.
- Collaborate in knowledge transfer and ensure that any new element of knowledge is up to date in the knowledge base and accessible to all team members.
- Provide after-hour assistance service according to a pre-established rotating schedule.
- Formal information technology training preferred.
- Three to five years of work experience in first or second support in a technical support centre or IT service desk.
- Experience in a law firm preferred.
- Experience working in a call centre using an IT service and request management system (ITSM).
- Ability to understand customer requests, diagnose their problems and resolve them adequately to meet their needs.
- Customer service oriented.
- Capability to handle confidential information using good judgment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- ITIL certification preferred.
- Bilingual French and English, both spoken and written.
- Microsoft Windows 7 or later
- Microsoft Office 2016 and 365
- Two-factor authentication protocols
- Troubleshooting Apple products (MacBook, iPhone, iPad)
- Printing solutions (personal and multifunction devices)
- Active Directory and SCCM (data transmission, data management, analysis of data logs) preferred
- Customer Management System
- Documentation Management System
- Time entry system
- Data encryption software
- Remote work and connectivity tools (e.g., Citrix Workspace, VPN, Terminal Services)
- Outlook/Exchange and Mimecast email management preferred
Why You Should Join the Davies Team
- Warm, friendly and respectful work atmosphere
- Full range of benefits paid entirely by the employer
- Competitive compensation
- Continuing education, related to the job, paid by the employer
- Office located in the heart of downtown, close to public transit
- Become a member of a firm whose commitment to diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our daily practice
You are invited to email your resumé and cover letter in confidence to Amélie Daigle, Human Resources Business Partner at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Davies is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.