Coordinator, Linguistic Services
Reporting to the Director of Linguistic Services, the successful candidate will provide organizational support to members of the linguistics team and perform duties related to the coordination of the linguistics department.
- Coordinate translation mandates to ensure all requests are recorded and processed; all translations received, and delivered; and all delivery deadlines met.
- Look after correspondence (emails) and telephone calls.
- Keep a list of active files (which are updated several times a day).
- Process files received: save them, compare documents, use advanced Microsoft Word functions, convert documents into PDFs, work on PowerPoint documents, and search for models and precedents.
- Proofread: check numbers and page layout of translations to ensure the translated document accurately reflects the form of the original document.
- Process invoices: obtain file numbers, send invoicing information to external freelancers, check invoices received, follow up on invoices until freelancers are paid and the client is charged.
- Prepare cost reports (historical and ongoing).
- Add to the translation memory software (LogiTerm).
- Perform all related administrative duties.
- Five years of experience in a translation department at a firm of professionals
- Fluent in French and English (oral and written), with excellent written skills in both languages
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office and AdobePro
- Proficient in Excel and knowledge of e-billing
- Translation experience or law studies an asset
- Initiative and good sense of judgment
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage priorities and several files at once
- Thorough, with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Capable of working independently
You are invited to email your resumé and cover letter in confidence to Jessica Ortega, Human Resources Business Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Davies is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.