Coordinator, Competitive Intelligence and Data
The Coordinator, Competitive Intelligence and Data, provides actionable intelligence that answers data-driven questions; conducts analyses of the firm’s clients, prospects, referral sources and competitors; coordinates the input and output of our data collection; and ensures its accuracy.
This role requires a team player who manages a high volume of work and competing priorities, while adhering to the highest levels of quality standards and operational procedures. In addition, the position requires strong analytical and technical skills, coupled with a client-focused approach. With an emphasis on the firm’s culture of excellence and precision, the Coordinator delivers anticipatory and responsive services.
For competitive intelligence, the Coordinator supports business development efforts by reviewing market data and secondary source reports that aid in articulating strategies for clients, practices and referring law firms. This position keeps a keen eye on the firm’s competition, which is essential for acquiring new business and keeping the firm leadership abreast of Davies’ market position. The Coordinator assists in developing leadership analysis of business drivers, opportunities and impediments to the expansion of work. Responsible for producing research on various topics, the Coordinator liaises with library resources to meet deadlines.
For systems and data collection, the Coordinator supports the evaluation, maintenance and deployment of marketing technologies such as data warehouses, website, intranet, CRM / ERM, email distribution, social media, research systems, project management tools and media tracking. With a goal of increasing collaboration, breaking down silos and eliminating duplication, this position supports the flow of data throughout the firm.
The Coordinator collects data such as contacts, matters, proposal content, business development metrics and referrals. This position extracts data from business intelligence platforms, syndicated data sources and systems. The role trains and educates appropriate lawyers, staff and marketing-team members on how to add to, pull from and report on various data warehouses. Creator of user-groups to drive usage and adoption, this position provides self-serve guides and tools that set data standards.
Working collaboratively with the Specialist, Project Management, the Coordinator generates metrics that measure the effectiveness of our communications and business development efforts to meet and exceed our goals and objectives. The Coordinator produces client, matter and referral lists for the business development operation to encourage lawyers to update and review content and keep it current. This role processes internal and external communications that interfaces with social media, website, intranet and CRM.
Education: The position requires a bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical field such as Applied Sciences or Information Technology.
Experience: The position requires a minimum of two or three years of relevant experience conducting research, data analysis and manipulation of data.
Knowledge, Skills and Capabilities:
- Deep knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, SharePoint, Outlook). Working knowledge of Foundation, NetDocuments, PowerBI and Sitecore are beneficial.
- Competent in using the following or similar database software and research tools: Foundation; S&P Capital IQ; Mergermarket; TheDeal.com; Meltwater; JD Supra; Lexology; Mondaq; Google Analytics; SendGrid; Introhive; InterAction; Tikit, etc.
- Applied knowledge of CAN-SPAM, CASL and GDPR compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, synthesize and communicate analytical data clearly and concisely.
- Highly organized and self-directed, with a track record of following through on commitments and managing multiple expectations simultaneously.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent team player with a zest for problem solving.
- Proficiency to read and write in French is a plus.
Qualified candidates are invited to email their cover letter and resumé in confidence to: email@example.com.
Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP is committed to providing a work environment that is diverse, inclusive and accessible to applicants and firm members with disabilities.
If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please contact Robyn Hayes, Generalist, Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416.367.7910.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. No phone calls please.