Billing Specialist (Montréal)
Reporting to the Manager, Collections and Client Accounts, the candidate will be responsible for the complete billing cycle from pre-bill generation to submission of accounts in accordance with the firm’s policies and procedures.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with billing lawyers, paralegals, legal assistants and responding to any queries regarding the billing process
- Editing docket narratives where required
- Monitoring and reviewing of outstanding WIP (Work In Progress) and following up with lawyers and paralegals to ensure timely billing
- Ensuring compliance with clients’ billing guidelines
- Processing edits, transfers, write-offs and transfers from trust accounts
- Preparing and reviewing prebills in a timely manner, monthly, or on request, including any necessary follow-up with other members of the firm, according to client billing guidelines and firm standards and policies
- Monitoring the alternate fee arrangements in place for specific clients and files
- Preparing invoices and forwarding same to lawyers for review
- When necessary, cancelling and re-issuing invoices
- Managing all stages of the e-billing processes for e-billing clients
- Performing other related tasks and duties
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience, preferably in a professional services firm
- Experience with Aderant or similar accounting system
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Familiarity with various e-billing vendors an asset
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize work
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff
- Excellent oral and written skills in French and English
You are invited to email your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Davies is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.