We are currently looking for a Billing Specialist with outstanding organizational skills, efficiency, thoroughness and integrity to join our dynamic internal services team.
Reporting to the Manager, Collections and Client Accounts, the candidate will be responsible for the complete billing cycle from pre-bill generation to submission of accounts in accordance with the firm’s policies and procedures.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with billing lawyers, paralegals and legal assistants, and responding to any queries regarding the billing process
- Editing docket narratives when required
- Monitoring and reviewing outstanding WIP (work in progress) and following up with lawyers and paralegals to ensure timely billing
- Ensuring compliance with clients’ billing guidelines
- Processing edits, transfers, writeoffs and transfers from trust accounts
- Preparing and reviewing pre-bills in a timely manner – monthly or on request – including following up when necessary with other members of the firm, according to client billing guidelines and firm standards and policies
- Monitoring the alternative fee arrangements in place for specific clients and files
- Preparing invoices and forwarding them to lawyers for review
- Cancelling and reissuing invoices when necessary
- Managing all stages of the e-billing processes for e-billing clients
- Performing other related tasks and duties
- Minimum of three years of related experience, preferably in a professional services firm
- Experience with Aderant or similar accounting system
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Familiarity with various e-billing vendors an asset
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize work
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff
- Excellent oral and written skills in French and English
Why You Should Join The Davies Team
- Warm, friendly and respectful work atmosphere
- Flexible work environment with remote work, supported by high-performance technology, being possible
- Full range of benefits paid entirely by the employer
- Competitive compensation
- Continuing education related to the job and paid by the employer
- Office located in the heart of downtown, close to public transit
- Become a member of a firm whose commitment to diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our daily practice
You are invited to email your resumé and cover letter in confidence to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Davies is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.