The Assistant, Marketing supports the organization, execution and tracking of Marketing’s communications, operations and business development functions across all three offices in Toronto, Montréal and New York.
This role requires a team player who can provide administrative and clerical support to a variety of internal stakeholders, and adhere to the highest level of quality standards. The Assistant is highly organized, detail oriented and skilled at juggling multiple projects and shifting priorities on top of their regular day-to-day responsibilities. Strong communications skills and creative thinking are essential for success in this role.
For Systems and Operations, the Assistant is responsible for compiling and reporting on departmental finances and data by maintaining budget spreadsheet and processing invoices and marketing-related expenses for the firm. The Assistant liaises with the operations team to ensure the quality and accuracy of content and data input into our various marketing tools including the firm’s CRM database (InterAction); external website CMS (Sitecore); email management software (TIKIT); and works closely with the research team to maintain and report on key metrics to assess the effectiveness of marketing efforts.
For Communications, the Assistant touches all aspects of the content creation process in support of the firm’s internal and external communications efforts. These activities include, but are not limited to: writing, reviewing and publishing content on the firm’s social media channels, Intranet site (infoDavies) and external website; coordinating and proofreading translations; coordinating the firm’s semi-annual Alumni newsletter; assisting with the production of firm videos; coordinating photoshoots; creating and reviewing presentations in PowerPoint; and executing light graphic design work to create marketing collateral using relevant tools. The Assistant will also provide competitive researches, as needed.
For Business Development and Events, the Assistant provides administrative support to the Business Development and Events teams in their day-to-day operations and related initiatives, including proofreading pitch and proposal content and writing, designing and proofreading event collateral. The Assistant oversees the distribution process for the firm’s seasons tickets, including client delivery, correspondence and drafting charitable donation letters, and provides administrative and onsite support for team and firm events.
The Assistant will also provide administrative support to the Chief Business Development and Marketing Officer, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business or related field
- Excellent organization and time management skills, with impeccable attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (bilingualism required for the Montréal office)
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple tasks while adapting to changing priorities
- Intermediate technological skills with the Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, SharePoint, Outlook)
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite or other similar graphic design tools, an asset (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, InDesign, Canva)
- Experience working with a CMS, an asset (SiteCore, ThoughtFarmer)
- Familiarity with these or similar database software and research tools, an asset: Meltwater; JD Supra; Lexology; Mondaq; LexisNexis or Westlaw; Introhive; InterAction; Tikit, Chrome River, S&P Capital IQ, Mergermarket, TheDeal.com, Bloomberg
To apply to the Montréal office, you are invited to email your resumé and cover letter in confidence to Amélie Daigle, Human Resources Business Partner at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. No phone calls please.
Davies is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.