Paralegal, Transactions (Montréal)
Reporting to the partner responsible for the Corporate practice group, the candidate would assist lawyers from the inception to the closing of significant transactions, such as M&A transactions for private and publicly-held companies, debt and equity financing transactions including private placements and venture capital, reorganizations, fund formations and significant real estate transactions.
- setting up and coordinating virtual data rooms
- supporting due diligence, namely through coordination of public searches
- completing, obtaining and/or filing requisite forms and certificates
- preparing and updating closing agendas and other checklists
- circulating the transaction documents to the involved parties for review, comment and signature
- coordinating the assembly and execution of documents for closing
- attending the closing
- attending to the post-closing organization of closing documents and other post-closing follow-ups and tasks
- preparing initial drafts of simple contracts and other closing documents
- completing such other coordination tasks as may be required by the lawyers involved in the transaction
Qualifications and Skills
- DCS in paralegal technology or equivalent diploma
- a minimum of 2 years’ experience in corporate law
- excellent written and oral skills in French and English
- proficient in MS Office
- strong analytical and organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines and to work collaboratively and proactively under minimum supervision
- ability to work well in a dynamic fast-paced environment and to manage multiple files
- strong communication skills and ability to interact directly with clients
- available to work, as needed, outside of normal work hours
Please send your resume with a cover letter in confidence to email@example.com.
We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted directly.
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.