Legal Assistant, Corporate/Commercial Litigation and/or Tax Litigation
We are seeking a legal assistant to join our Secretarial Services team in Montréal. Reporting to the manager, Secretarial Services, the candidate will provide assistance to two litigation partners.
- Draft correspondence and prepare and revise proceedings and related documents
- Finalize proceedings for notification and filing in court
- Keep track of procedural delays
- Communicate with clients, bailiffs and court representatives, and third parties
- Manage files and documents using various storage applications
- Manage the lawyers’ calls, emails and agenda
- Update the contacts database
- Perform administrative tasks related but not limited to new business intake, expense reports and time data entry
- Participate in the lawyers’ business development projects
- Attestation of Collegial Studies (ACS) in legal secretarial studies or Diploma of Collegial Studies (DCS) in office systems technology
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (DCS) in paralegal technology an asset
- A minimum of three to five years’ pertinent experience
- In-depth knowledge of Québec litigation proceedings
- Knowledge of proceedings in the Federal Court, the Tax Court of Canada and the Supreme Court of Canada an asset
- Excellent oral and writing skills in French and English
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to set priorities and work within tight deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills
- Team player
You are invited to email your resumé and cover letter in confidence to Amélie Daigle, Human Resources Business Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Davies is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.