Accounting Clerk (Billings & Dockets)
Contract (12-14 Months)
The Accounting department in the Toronto office is looking for an Accounting Clerk (Billings & Dockets) to join their team on a contract full-time basis.
- Updates newly opened files by Records and administers file changes
- Posts all cash receipts
- Prepares weekly cash reports
- Posts tab/binding charges, petty cash and other client related disbursements
- Enters Accounts Payable (AP) invoices
- Compiles AP cheques for signatures and sends to vendors once signed
- Processes expense reimbursements
- Provides coverage to other members of the Accounting department as required
- Other accounting related duties as assigned
- Minimum of three (3) years of previous experience in an Accounts Payable or Accounting function. Previous experience in a law firm or professional services environment would be an asset
- Strong aptitude for numbers
- Excellent data-entry and computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe
- Ability to work well independently and in a team-setting
- Highly accurate and detail-oriented
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced department
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with people of all levels
- Knowledge of accounting software. Experience with Chrome River and Aderant Expert accounting system would be an asset
Qualified candidates are invited to email their cover letter and résumé in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP is committed to providing a work environment that is diverse, inclusive and accessible to applicants and firm members with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please contact Robyn Hayes, Generalist, Human Resources at email@example.com or 416.367.7910.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. No phone calls please.