Accounting Clerk (Accounts Payable) – Contract (1 Year)
We are currently seeking an Accounting Clerk to join the Accounting team in our Toronto office on a contract, full-time basis for one year. Reporting to the Manager, Accounting, the successful candidate will be an integral part of the firm’s Accounting team and will support the accounts payable function of the department.
- Update newly opened files by Records and administer file changes.
- Post all cash receipts.
- Prepare weekly cash reports; monitor cash position and keep track of cash receipts and cheques that go out.
- Post tab/binding charges, petty cash and other client-related disbursements.
- Process expense reimbursements, accounts payable invoices and payments by organizing cheque requests and invoices as per scheduled payment dates. Ensure that documentation received is accurate, complete and in compliance with firm policies.
- Respond to accounts payable–related inquiries, which may include contact with vendors, lawyers or firm members, including inquiries such as contract, invoice or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Provide coverage for other members of the Accounting department as required.
- Perform other accounting-related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a high-volume accounts payable or accounting role. Previous experience in a law firm or professional services environment would be an asset.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with people of all levels, and to work with and provide updates to senior partners of the firm.
- Strong aptitude for numbers, including high accuracy and meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced, high-pressure department.
- Ability to work well independently and within a team-setting.
- Excellent data-entry and computer skills, including a strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe.
- Knowledge of accounting software. Experience with Chrome River and Aderant Expert accounting system would be considered an asset.
Qualified candidates are invited to email their cover letter and résumé in confidence to: email@example.com
We thank you for your resume but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP is committed to providing a work environment that is diverse, inclusive and accessible to applicants and firm members with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please contact Robyn Hayes, firstname.lastname@example.org or 416.367.7910.