Research Lawyer, Library Services Lead
Davies is currently recruiting for a research lawyer with at least three years of experience to join its Library team in the Montréal office.
Reporting to the Director, Knowledge Management and Library, the successful candidate will be responsible for keeping lawyers up to date on legislative changes; doing research; identifying appropriate documentary sources; and helping lawyers, paralegals and articling students search for information. The research lawyer will also actively help manage the library by overseeing staff and working closely with the Director to plan and implement various projects.
- In-depth knowledge of legal and business research tools;
- Extensive knowledge of Canadian government structures and legislative procedures;
- Excellent research and legislative content analysis skills, including legislative updates;
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently with minimal supervision;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills;
- Ability and willingness to learn to use new tools, new processes and technology;
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work well with lawyers at all levels;
- Innovative and forward-looking thinker;
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and possessing outstanding initiative;
- Proficient in English and French (oral and written).
- Member of the Québec Bar (required);
- Degree in Library Science (an asset);
- Significant experience in a large firm or a boutique firm specializing in commercial litigation.
To apply, please email your resumé and cover letter to Nanci Ship, Chief Legal Talent and Culture Officer, at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Davies is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.