Knowledge Management Lawyer
Our Montréal office is currently recruiting for a Knowledge Management lawyer to join our Knowledge Management team in Montréal. Reporting to the Director, Knowledge Management and Library, the successful candidate will be actively involved in implementing the firm’s strategic objectives in the area of KM. The candidate will work with our legal professionals and other stakeholders to leverage and manage the firm’s intellectual capital and advance our KM and innovation initiatives. This is an ideal opportunity for either an experienced Knowledge Management lawyer or an associate looking to move away from fee-earning work. We are looking for an individual who thrives in a stimulating, fast-paced environment and is strongly committed to providing exceptional client service.
- Develop KM content, including drafting and enhancing precedents, improving and updating existing resources and developing new resources.
- Be actively involved in the development, implementation and support of KM initiatives, including in the design, evaluation, training and advancement of KM tools and systems.
- Participate in the development of knowledge pertaining to new laws and other legal developments.
- Work closely with lawyers to identify and gather new, valuable knowledge resources and to maintain current our existing collections of precedents and research materials.
- Work with practice groups to explore their specific KM needs and implement new projects.
- Respond to requests for KM resources using the firm’s KM collections and enterprise search tool.
- Promote awareness and active usage of the firm's knowledge resources.
- Contribute to the firm’s innovation and collaboration projects.
- Conduct training on the use of existing KM tools and resources.
- Keep current with developments in legal technology and the knowledge management community and maintain or develop applicable subject matter expertise.
- Participate in efforts to maintain and optimize the use of existing KM technology (including enterprise search); participate in the evaluation, implementation and adoption of new legal technology relating to improving efficiencies.
Skills & Experience Required
- BCL, LLB, JD, or equivalent
- Member of the Québec Bar
- Bilingual, English and French (oral and written)
- Two to five years’ professional experience in the practice of law in a top-tier transactional firm
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexibility to work both collaboratively and independently with minimal supervision
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with lawyers at all levels
- Keen interest and facility with using legal technology
- Innovative and forward-looking thinker
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and possessing outstanding initiative
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, academic record and list of representative files in complete confidence to Nanci Ship, Chief Legal Talent & Culture Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Davies is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.