Kevin Thomson, senior partner in the Toronto office, will present at the 15th Business Strategies for M&A on Cross-Border M&A deals. This conference is sponsored by the Federated Press and will be held in Toronto at the Metropolitan Hotel.
Cross-border transactions will continue to play a significant role in Canadian M&A activity as the M&A market rebounds and Canadian corporations look for opportunities to expand their reach and maximize operations. This discussion details the latest regulatory and other issues to be aware of when doing a cross-border deal.
- Latest important factors in negotiating a cross-border deal
- Differences in deal structures between Canada and the U.S.
- Deal protection and executive compensation issues
- Litigation risks
- Impact of new rules on cross-border tender offers
- Risk management in cross-border agreements and financing
- Dealing with proxy advisory services