Jeffrey Lem and Robin Schwill, partners in the Financial Restructuring & Insolvency practice, will speak at Osgoode Professional Development’s 12th Annual Course Perfect Your PPSA Skills. This course has been designed to provide an in-depth understanding of the Personal Property Security Act.
The course will cover:
- The “what”, “when” and “how” of “attachment”
- Elements of financing statements, acknowledgements and searches
- The examination of a PPSA response certificate – is an acknowledgement or discharge necessary for lending transactions?
- Exceptions to the “first come, first served” priority rules
- Fundamental registration issues and the latest caselaw relating to them
- How to protect lender clients against a Crown’s deemed trust claim
- Elements of an opinion, its purpose, and what is required in order to be able to provide the opinion